I’ve found is helpful to revisit the basics of cost estimating, from time to time.
1. What construction delivery method is being used?
2. What’s the project start date? Is it realistic?
3. What’s the overall scope of the project from a total job perspective, as well as major division, system, and task levels.
4. Where’s the work being done? Easy access? Any additional location dependent costs?
5. What materials, labor, and equipment are required?
6. Are there any reoccurring costs associated with the project?
7. What warranties will be provided?
8. What cost estimating software and cost guide is required?